You’ve read about all of the different fun and exciting activities and experiences that Haliburton Forest has to offer. If not, here’s a quick recap:
- Canopy Tours: See the forest from the treetops on the world’s longest canopy boardwalk.
- Wolf Centre: Learn about wolves and catch a glimpse of Haliburton Forest’s resident wolf pack. You can also check out our live wolfcams!
- Hiking and Mountain Biking: Explore over 300 km of wilderness trails of varying difficulty. Navigate the forest using our handy map—you can also plan your route ahead of time with our Interactive Trail Maps.
But if your goal is to cross everything off your bucket list at once, you might want to consider finding a place to relax for the night. You might even need more than a day to conquer all the activities you plan to do.
If you’re looking for a complete outdoor adventure experience, we highly recommend staying overnight. Here’s a breakdown of where to stay at Haliburton Forest; we have a variety of accommodation options to suit the needs of different group sizes and trip purposes.
Where to Stay During Your Trip to Haliburton Forest
Haliburton Forest offers camping options and a selection of different holiday units. We’ve written a lot about how camping holidays beat out resort stays, and what you need for a lakeside camping trip, but our historical holiday units also offer a unique outdoor adventure experience, regardless of the fact that you’re sleeping indoors.
Haliburton Forest’s Historical Holiday Units
Guests have 12 holiday units available to them in total: two-bedroom units, three-bedroom units and open loft log cabins. All accommodations are refurbished 19th-century structures, historically used by loggers harvesting Haliburton Forest’s timber. It doesn’t get much more authentically Canadian than that!
Some additional details about our holiday units:
- Two- and three-bedroom units come equipped with a living area, kitchenette and dining area, bathroom, propane fireplace and satellite TV.
- Open loft cabins are designed for larger groups (6 or more), with 10 single beds occupying the unit’s loft area.
- Pet-friendly options are available, in the winter months kids under six stay for free, and rentals are available year round.
Don’t forget to take advantage of our awesome amenities during your stay! Take a break from cooking and enjoy a night out at The Cookhouse restaurant. You can also explore the Logging Museum, or visit our dog sledding team at the kennels.
Now You Know Where to Stay, Book Online Today
Travelling with a large group? Contact our team or fill out our group personalization form to start customizing your upcoming outdoor adventure. If you’re ready to jump ahead, you can also book both campsites and holiday units online.
Need some help organizing time for all of the activities you want to cross off that bucket list? We've made it easy for you!